Saturday, March 21, 2015

Class 9, Exploring Second Life

First I signed up for Second Life. Occasionally people would message me saying hello or ask me to join their group. I also received a lot of notifications on the side regarding things outside of the game. 
I chose an avatar. Instantly the game brought me to a beach scene. There were other people there. I looked around and saw a boat in the ocean that was sunken. I didn't know that I couldn't swim in this game so I had to fly over to the boat. Finally I hangout on the boat for a while after I landed there.  





Next I went to a club. The club was playing music and had a DJ. The DJ was thanking us for listening and telling us to listen again tomorrow. There weren't many people in this world. I thought it seemed pretty cool and the only thing that would have made it cooler would be if more people were in the world to meet and dance with! 



This is a romantic world. I don't think it was loading properly despite that there were not many people in it. One side of it did load and that side was actually very pretty. My avatar was looking out over the water and there was a house out there. It was pretty cool in the parts that loaded properly.



This world also did not seem to be loading all the way. The ocean was the most detailed thing I could see. There were a few people there however. My chat icon popped up from someone in this world trying to talk to me. 



This wold was by far my favorite. It had a waterslide which you could actually slide down. I watched someone do it and finally figured out how. I right clicked a floating button and pressed "slide!" and then my avatar slide down the slide and landed in more water. This was pretty fun and I did it a couple more times. It made me want summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment